Special occasions call for special treats! These Sweetie Pies are sure to hit the spot! Made with human grade ingredients and a snack you could eat yourself, your pup is going to be begging for more.
There is no better way to say “I love you” than food made with love.
Sweetie Pies are made from only 6 ingredients. Pure pumpkin helps to make them easy on the stomach for even sensitive tummies.
- 2 tablespoons + extra Olive Oil
- ¾ pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- ½ cup Fresh or Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree or Cooked and Peeled Fresh Pumpkin
- 4 small Sweet Potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 2 large Eggs
Preheat your oven: 350°F / 180°C
- Add 2 T olive oil to a frying pan and over medium heat brown the meat.
– Drain off excess grease.
– Using a colander, rinse meat under warm water to remove remaining grease. Shake to dry.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes.
Cut sweet potatoes:
- You will need twelve, ¼” thick slices, about as big around as the bottom of a muffin tin.
- Cut remaining sweet potatoes into 1” pieces.
- In a 12-count muffin tin, place a drop or two of Olive Oil in the bottom of each compartment.
– Place a slice of sweet potato in each.
- Put 1” pieces of sweet potato in a medium pot with enough water that they are all submerged.
– Bring to a boil on high heat until the potatoes are fork tender.
– Drain and rinse.
- In a large bowl, mix meat with peas, pumpkin, crack in the eggs.
– Mix well.
- Spoon meat mixture into the muffin tin, distributing evenly between the 12 compartments.
– Top with mashed sweet potatoes, covering the meat.
- Cook at 350 / 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
– Use a spoon to loosen edges.
– Remove from pan.
– Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze for future use.
Gather all the ingredients
Peel sweet potatoes
Brown ground beef
Once browned, remove from heat
Rince beef mince under the tap
Add olive oil to muffin tray
Mix beef mince, eggs, peas, pumkin
Add mixture in muffin tin
Cut sweet potatoes
Once soft, drain
Spoon potatoes on top of beef mince
Bake for 20 Minutes
Your dog can enjoy this special treat at room temperature or fresh from the fridge.
This recipe is intended for intermittent/supplemental feeding only and is not intended as a complete or balanced diet for long term feeding.