Special occasions call for special treats! These Sweetie Pies are sure to hit the spot! Made with human grade ingredients and a snack you could eat yourself, your pup is going to be begging for more.
There is no better way to say “I love you” than food made with love.
Sweetie Pies are made from only 6 ingredients. Pure pumpkin helps to make them easy on the stomach for even sensitive tummies.
Beefy Pumpkin and Sweet Potato Pies
2 tablespoons + extra Olive Oil
¾ pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
½ cup Fresh or Frozen Peas
1 cup Pure Pumpkin Puree or Cooked and Peeled Fresh Pumpkin
4 small Sweet Potatoes (about 2 cups)
2 large Eggs
- Add 2 T olive oil to a frying pan and over medium heat brown the meat. Then drain off excess grease. Use a colander to rinse meat under warm water to remove remaining grease. Shake to dry.
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Cut twelve, ¼” thick slices, about as big around as the bottom of a muffin tin. Cut them remaining sweet potatoes into 1” pieces.
- In a 12-count muffin tin, place a drop or two of Olive Oil in the bottom of each compartment and place a slice of sweet potato in each.
- Put all the 1” pieces of sweet potato in a medium pot with enough water that they are all submerged. Bring to a boil on high heat until the potatoes are fork tender. Then drain, rinse and mash.
- In a large bowl, mix meat with peas, pumpkin, crack in the eggs. Mix well.
- Spoon meat mixture into the muffin tin, distributing evenly between the 12 compartments. Top with mashed sweet potatoes, covering the meat.
- Cook at 350 / 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool. Use a spoon to loosen edges. Remove from pan. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days or freeze for future use.
- This recipe is intended for intermittent/supplemental feeding only and is not intended as a complete or balanced diet for long term feeding.